Firstly, I would like to thank Datuk Chris Goh for making me a contributor in this website i.e. bodohland.com. From what I understand, bodoh means stupid in his country. Unfortunately I am not from where Datuk Chris Goh resides and thus I do not speak his language. Initially, Datuk Chris Goh approached me (via email of course) and requested that I write an article on How to Make a Bomb Detonator because he found my videos rather interesting after he stumbled upon some of my videos. I wholeheartedly thank Datuk Chris Goh for giving me this opportunity to write here.
Initially, I was very reluctant to write in this blog because I noticed that there are pornographic videos and images in this blog. I said no but Datuk Chris Goh offered to pay me Euro 1 million and I really thanked him for banking in the 10% as promised with no strings attached. Since the other 90% depends on my writting, I would have to get going.
Educational Purposes!! don’t try this at home
This article is focused on how one could actually make a detonator to detonate bombs. Before starting off, there are three main keywords I would like to elaborate i.e. Ignition, Detonator and Explosives.
Firstly, the term worth noting is Ignition. Ignition basically refers to the event, which would initiate the explosion. Obviously if you build a device with no explosives and ignition took place, nothing would happen. For instance, you built the detonator and beside the detonator is a gasoline container filled with gasoline, which you use as explosives. Assuming the container is full, when the detonator causes an ignition, the next instance would be a big explosion. On the other hand, if the gasoline container is empty, there will be no explosion though the detonator created the ignition event.
The second term I would lie to discuss is Detonator. The definition of a detonator is basically a device, which causes ignition. A very good example is suicide bombers where they themselves are the detonators. But since life is too precious to blow oneself up, terrorists decided to adopt animals as detonators by tying bombs to dogs. Besides using human beings and dogs, of course terrorists in the past used cars and trucks to detonate bombs too. Of course other devices such as a clock, a timer, a cellular phone or even a remote control car can very well serve as a detonator.
The last term I would like to define is Explosives. An explosive can basically be defined as a material that causes explosion. Easily available explosives would be flammables such as gasoline, gunpowder or even dynamites for mining.
In this article, I shall not be focusing on explosives but I shall focus on the ignition and detonator topics.
2.1 Executing Ignition
One could simply cause an ignition event by generating heat. The relationship between V = I × R can be easily viewed if one carry out the following experiment. Note that V is voltage, I is the current and R is the resistance.
If we were to use a 1.5V battery, the steel mesh would take a very long time to cause an ignition event. We need to increase the I (current) in order to cause an ignition event.
Two ways would be to either increase the voltage or reduce the resistance. By reducing the resistance, we would need to change the steel mesh material to say a smaller diameter wire i.e. a very tiny diameter wire. The easier way would be to increase the voltage.
In the following videos, you will see how a 9V battery and transformer would cause an Ignition event to occur. Observe as one of the wire strands from the steel mesh turns red hot!
Video 1: A video showing an ignition event using a 9V battery.
Here are some photographs of how the circuit could be set up.
Video 2: A video showing an ignition event using a Transformer
An understanding on this simple technique to create an ignition event is necessary to create a detonator for bombs. In Video 2, this technique would be practical when a bomb is placed in an enemy’s building where electricity is easily available. In Video 1, since electricity may not be available in enemy territory, the 9V battery was hence adopted.
Continue to Chapter 3